Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Gifts for the Teachers


My oldest son is in 6th grade this year which means he has four "core" teachers each day.  Last year he had three, and next year in middle school...well, I don't want to think about that right now. Still, I like to have the boys give the teachers a present before winter break as a way to thank them.  So many teachers aren't given the thanks they deserve.  In fact they are often given grief by the very parents that should be supporting them.

But how do I give the teachers (a total of 5 teachers counting my youngest's 1st grade teacher) a nice gift that doesn't damage the budget?  Normally, I'd bake cookies and give them in a tin or pretty basket.  No time this year with moving and building a new home...not to mention learning to bake at 7000 feet has had it's challenges (I will so be blogging about that!).  Well, as I debated what to get I came across these adorable mugs in Michaels.  So cute and they all have little lids/hats to keep the drink warm!  Better yet?  They were $2.99.  Not even on sale, so if you grabbed them on sale, you'd get an even better deal.  Just be warned that Michaels doesn't seem to restock seasonal merchandise frequently (if at all).  Grab them while you can.  Or better, grab them after Christmas for next year's teachers!

I got some spiced cider, hot cocoa mix, chamomile tea, and black tea and put those in the mugs along with some Dove chocolate and candy canes.  As it turned out I had enough cider, cocoa and tea to make mugs for my two sons' CCD teachers as well.

Of course you could bake cookies and present them this way, or maybe even some homemade hot cocoa mix, but this was quick and cost less than $10 a gift!

What do you give your children's teachers for the Holidays or the end of the school year?  Who doesn't need new ideas!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment